Monday, March 28, 2011
Clocking in at a whopping 132lbs, three-year-old Chinese toddler Lu Hao is approximately five times the ideal weight for his age.
“His appetite is so good that for a meal he can eat three big bowls of rice, even larger than I and his mother,” his father is quoted as saying. “We have to let him be as if we don’t feed him he will cry non-stop,” adds his mom. Hao’s shocking weight gain — he weighed a mere 6lbs at birth — baffles doctors, who say his hormone levels are normal.
Hao, who idolizes Superman because “he can fly and beat bad men,” was asked if he would like to fly like the Man of Steel, to which he replied, sadly, “no. I am too fat.”
An unexpected side-effect of the flooding in parts of Pakistan has been that millions of spiders climbed up into the trees to escape the rising flood waters.
Because of the scale of the flooding and the fact that the water has taken so long to recede, many trees have become cocooned in spiders webs. People in this part of Sindh have never seen this phenomenon before - but they also report that there are now less mosquitoes than they would expect, given the amount of stagnant, standing water that is around.
It is thought that the mosquitoes are getting caught in the spiders web thus reducing the risk of malaria, which would be one blessing for the people of Sindh, facing so many other hardships after the floods.
4 Signs that you are into someone.
- I will laugh at everything you say, even if you say, “I was walking the dog and I accidentally touched its butt.”I will laugh my head off like you told me something that was actually funny.
- I will stay up late just to talk to you, even if my face is on the keyboard I will stay up. That’s because I value each and every single second that we talk.
- I try and avoid eye contact with you because if I do glance at you, I will automatically smile. So I avoid looking at you at all costs so you don’t catch me smiling at you.
- I would write about you on my Tumblr and make it subtle but a bit obvious that it’s about you.
Effects of Kissing:
- Long kisses are beneficial to our circulatory system. When kissing, our pulse rate is quickening up to 110 beats per minute. This is a great training for our cardiovascular system.
- After kissing, the lungs work harder, resulting in 60 inhales per minute compared to regular 20 inhales. Such “ventilation” is a good preventive measure against lung diseases.
- Some dentists believe that kissing is a preventive measure against dental caries. Indeed, kissing stimulates the flow of saliva that eliminates acid coat on the teeth.
- Kisses that last more than three minutes help us fight stress and its effects. Long kisses trigger the chain of biochemical reactions, which destroys stress hormones.
- Those who kiss their partner goodbye each morning live five years longer than those who don’t.
- Kissing is great for self-esteem. It makes you feel appreciated and helps your state of mind.
- Kissing burns calories, 2-3 calories a minute and can double your metabolic rate. Research claims that three passionate kisses a day (at least lasting 20 seconds each) will cause you to loose an entire extra pound.
- Kissing is a known stress-reliever. Passionate kissing relieves tension, reduces negative energy and produces a sense of well being, lowering your cortisol ‘stress’ hormone.
- Kissing uses 30 facial muscles and it helps keep the facial muscles tight, preventing baggy cheeks! The tension in the muscles caused by a passionate kiss helps smooth the skin and increases the circulation.
- Kissing is good for the heart, as it creates an adrenaline which causes your heart to pump more blood around your body. Frequent kissing has scientifically been proven to stabilize cardiovascular activity, decrease blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Those who kiss quite frequently are less likely to suffer from stomach, bladder and blood infections.
- During a kiss, natural antibiotics are secreted in the saliva. Also, the saliva contains a type of anesthetic that helps relieve pain.
- Kissing reduces anxiety and stops the ‘noise’ in your mind. It increases the levels of oxytocin, an extremely calming hormone that produces a feeling of peace.
Friday, March 11, 2011
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Remember that 10-year old girl whose video of her piano cover of Lady Gaga’sBorn This Way became her ticket to instant internet stardom? Even Lady Gaga herself tweeted about that girl and she promised to have a duet with the latter on her concert at Toronto, Canada.
Well, Maria Aragon’s dream has just came true. Lady Gaga and Maria performed piano duet of Born This Way.
And on Lady Gaga’s official page, here’s what she has to say on this child prodigy.
I never thought I’d say it, but… after the paparazzi and fans ruined his birthday lunch and his girlfriend got punched in the face by a fan, I gain so much respect for the Biebs for staying calm enough to only lift one finger.
In the midst of war, our human nature to love, even the descendants of our enemies, still prevails in one way or another.