Tuesday, February 19, 2013
“He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful” (John 15:2, NIV)
In life, we all go through a pruning process. God will prune our lives so that we can bear much fruit. To “prune” means something is cut away, something is removed. In other words, maybe a good friend that you counted on moved to another city. Maybe a business shut down that you were connected to, or a relationship went a different direction.
Friend, God knows what you need in your life in order to grow and flourish. Sometimes when things happen that we don’t understand, we have to just trust that He is working behind the scenes preparing you for increase, preparing you to go to another level. Don’t put a question mark where God has placed a period.
When you’re going through transition, don’t get bitter. Don’t get down and think it’s the end. Don’t start thinking that you’re a failure. Have the attitude, “God, I let this go knowing that it was only temporary provision, and what You have in my future will be greater than what I’m letting go of.” If you will accept the change and stay in faith, God will open new doors. He will bring new opportunities, new friendships, and take you to another level of His glory!
Saturday, February 16, 2013
“It happened at a New York Airport. This is hilarious. I wish I had the guts of this girl. An award should go to the United Airlines gate agent in New York for being smart and funny, while making her point, when confronted with a passenger who probably deserved to fly as cargo. For all of you out there who have had to deal with an irate customer, this one is for you.
A crowded United Airlines flight was canceled. A single agent was re-booking a long line of inconvenienced travelers.
Suddenly, an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his ticket on the counter and said, “I HAVE to be on this flight and it has to be FIRST CLASS.”
The agent replied, “I’m sorry, sir. I’ll be happy to try to help you, but I’ve got to help these folks first; and then I’m sure we’ll be able to work something out.”
The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear, “DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?”
Without hesitating, the agent smiled and grabbed her public address microphone. “May I have your attention, please?”, she began, her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal. “We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him with his identity, please come to Gate 14″.
With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at the United Airlines agent, gritted his teeth, and said, “F*** You!”
Without flinching, she smiled and said, “I’m sorry sir, you’ll have to get in line for that, too.”
Saturday, February 9, 2013
- He will go with you, sustain you, and strengthen you. (Psalm 89:21, 22)
- You are His beloved, He believes in you. (Rom. 1:7)
- He will be your confidence. (Prov. 3:21, 26)
- He has set you apart from the world. (Psalm 4:3)
- He will deliver you—no matter what. (Psalm 18:19)
- He will increase you mightily. (Deut. 6:3)
- He will hear you if you ask for help today. (Prov. 3:21)
- Even if chaos abounds, you will experience perfect peace. (Isaiah 26:3)
- The waters may rise; but they won’t overtake you. (Isaiah 43:2)
- You do not labor in vain. (Isaiah 65:23)
- He will reward you. (Psalm 18:20)
- If you are called to wait on Him, you’re gonna be okay there. (Isaiah 30:18)
- He will fill you when you need it—just like He always has. (Psalm 81:10)
- Your barn is going to bust open with blessing. (Prov. 3:9-10)
- You can’t imagine the mercy ahead. (Psalm 18:25)
- You will have the things you need. (Psalm 34:9)
- God will restore your soul. (Psalm 23:3)
- You will keep going and not grow weary. (Isaiah 40:13)
- Your words will extinguish anger. (Prov. 15:1)
- You will find happiness as you share. (Prov. 14:21)
- Your reward beyond today is heaven—wow! (Psalm 23:6)
- If you mess up, He will abundantly pardon. (Isaiah 55:7)
- If you are wise, you will win souls. (Prov. 11:30)
- You’ve got blessings waiting around the corner. (Psalm 24:4-5)
- He’ll guide you through the rough spots and help you do the right thing. (Psalm 25:9)
- Your soul will be at ease amid the storm. (Psalm 25:12-13)
- You’re stronger than you think—because He will strengthen your heart. (Psalm 27:14)
- Angels are encamped around you. (Psalm 34:7)
- The troubles of this day can’t stand up to His power. (Psalm 34:17)
- You will experience supernatural peace. (Psalm 37:11)
- He will be the order that covers your disorder. (Psalms 37:23-24)
- He will deliver you from wicked, conspiring people around you. (Psalm 37:40)
- His Spirit will teach you and fill your gaps. (John 14:26)
- He will bless those who declare His name. (Psalm 89:15)
- He will hold all the pieces of your life together. (Psalm 46:1)
- He will keep you safe under His mighty wings. (Psalm 91:1)
- Nothing needs to offend you today. His Spirit in you is bigger than all of that. (Psalm 119:165)
- Carry on through sadness. He will replace your tears with joy. (Psalm 126:5)
- He’s going to tame your doubt and fulfill that dream in your heart. (Psalm 37:4)
- He will provide everything—He’s your need-filler. (Psalm 23:1)
- Have confidence. He will make His words known to you. (Prov. 1:23)
- Surrender your view of things and people—He will give you spiritual eyes. (Psalm 146:8)
- If you seek Him, you will find Him. (2 Chronicles 15:2)
- With each day, you are growing stronger and stronger. (Job 17:9)
- He will pour out His Spirit on you. (Prov. 1:23
- God will put a new song in your mouth—and many will put their trust in Him. (Psalm 40:3)
- He’s got wisdom ready for you to use. (Prov. 2:7)
- You will lay down tonight and have sweet sleep. (Prov. 3:21)
- He loves you to eternity and back. (Psalm 146:8)
- His covenant of Love to you will never, ever fail. (Psalm 89:28)
1. Do unto others as you want others to do to you.
2. Treasure your body for it is the vessel that guides you through your life.
3. Be honest and always tell the truth
4. Success requires hard work, persistence and a little creativity.
5. Make a difference to a least one other person’s life.
6. Admit when you’re wrong and apologize.
7. You can learn something from everyone.
8. Don’t be scared, go through life as fearlessly as possible.
9. Smile and laugh every single day.
10. Count your blessings and be thankful for all the good things in your life.
Monday, February 4, 2013
- “Ikaw na ako! Magpalit na tayo!”
- “Puro ka mamaya eh!”
- “Matulog ka na! Parang wala kang pasok bukas ha?!”
- “Sige! Wag kayong tumigil! Ito kutsilyo! Magsaksakan na lang kayong magkakapatid!”
- “Paano na lang kung wala na kami, Paano na kayo?!”
- “Papunta ka pa lang, pabalik na ako!”
- “Nung kabataan ko, hindi naman ako tamad! Bakit ka naging ganyan?!”
- ”Wag ka sakin magpaalam, dun ka sa Mama/Papa mo!”
- “Anak ka lang! MagulanG ako!”
- “Tumatanda ka ng paurong!”
- “Anong oras na?! Gabing gabi ka na naman umuwi!”
- “Bakit?! Nagtatae ba ako ng pera?!”
- “Noong araw, limang piso lang, ayos na kami!”
- “Puro ka gala! Puro ka barkada! Mag-aral ka nga!”
- “Saan ka na naman pupunta?”
- “Nagkakanda kuba nA ako sa kakatrabaho, tapos kayo nakahilata lang diyan!”
- “Magkaroon ka naman ng pagkukusa!”
- “Binibigay naman ang lahat ha! Ano pa bang gusto mo?!”
- “Ang tamad mo!”
- ”Ano?! Sasagot ka pa?!”
- “Hay nako! Utos ko, Sunod ko!”
- “Parang walang narinig ha?!”
- “Ikaw ang panganay, dapat ikaw ang umintindi!”
- ”Hindi ko alam kung kanino ka nagmana!”
- “Saan ka na naman pupunta?!”
- “Kapag sinabing hindi pwede, hindi pwede!”
Don’t stop chasing.
I think that one of the biggest reason why relationships do not work out in the long run is because at one point, one side (or both) stops trying. Before one claims another person as their significant other, they would do anything to make that person happy. They would chase, they would flirt, they would be charming. They would send daily morning and goodnight texts every time you wake up or go to sleep. They would write corny messages and pick up lines just to make sure that there is a smile upon your face. But once they claim you as theirs, all of those things eventually stop. The 5 page texts slowly turn into 1. The constant calls turn into not calling at all. And the lovely endearments turn into daily arguments. In order for a relationship to work, don’t ever stop chasing. Just because the person you want is now consider “yours”, it does not mean they deserve anything less than the time when you’re trying to win them over.
Gif by: jeou.tumblr.com
We always hear “the rules” from the female side. Now here are the rules from the male side.
- Learn to work the toilet seat. You’re a big girl. If it’s up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don’t hear us griping about you leaving it down.
- Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries are not quests to see if we can find the perfect present yet again!
- Sometimes we are not thinking about you. Live with it.
- Sunday = sports. It’s like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.
- Don’t cut your hair. Ever. Long hair is always more attractive than short hair. One of the big reasons guys fear getting married is that married women always cut their hair, and by then you’re stuck with her.
- Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way.
- Crying is blackmail.
- Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!
- We don’t remember dates. Mark birthdays and anniversaries on a calendar. Remind us frequently beforehand.
- Most guys own three pairs of shoes - tops. What makes you think we’d be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?
- . Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
- Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That’s what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
- . A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.
- Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.
- If you think you’re fat, you probably are. Don’t ask us. We refuse to answer.
- If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.
- You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.
- Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.
- Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.
- The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out. Get over it. And quit whining to your girlfriends.
- ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.
- If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.
- We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.
- If we ask what is wrong and you say “nothing,” we will act like nothing’s wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.
- If you ask a question you don’t want an answer to, expect an answer you don’t want to hear.
- When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really.
- Don’t ask us what we’re thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as navel lint, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.
- You have enough clothes.
- You have too many shoes.
- Foreign films are best left to foreigners. (Unless it’s Bruce Lee or some war flick where it doesn’t really matter what they’re saying anyway.)
- . It is neither in your best interest or ours to take the quiz together. No, it doesn’t matter which quiz.
- I am in shape. ROUND is a shape.
- Thank you for reading this; Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight, but did you know we really don’t mind that, it’s like camping.